We are looking for a proactive and creative student intern to join our team in IT Computational Biology effort in the establishment of the FAIR data service training portal in the Global Omics Data Management (Global ODM) knowledge environment. The position will work closely with our global team to improve our web portal for training materials on the subject of data management from the perspectives of both users and developers in the task of data storage, process, and retrieval.
If you are interested in gaining first-hand experience and knowledge in interdisciplinary work in a global company with an open work environment that values thoughtful and impactful ideas, this might be the right position for you. You will gain the insight of large-scale data sharing process including metadata model creation, data curation, computational cloud framework for effective data storage and pipelines, together with data governance to ensure data integrity and long-term preservation of the data.
You will have the possibility of pursuing your own interests and receive mentorship to help you grow professionally. The Global ODM program internal knowledge covers various topics of IT infrastructure for large-scale data storage, processing, and retrieval, and single-sign-on (SSO) services. The goal is to serve all data users and database developers from the moment of data generation to the data reuse by the concept of FAIR Principles in diverse domains of biomedical research data (e.g., clinical omics, transcriptomics, proteomics) in both Human Pharma and Animal Health.
We look forward to your application!
The position will be limited to 6 months with 10-15 hours per week, depending on your availability. You will be located in Biberach, but we offer flexibility of remote work options.
As a student intern, you can expect a fair expense allowance (payment of the currently valid minimum wage) as well as 2.5 paid days off per full month of the internship.
Tasks & responsibilities
- You will assist in the planning and development of the FAIR training portal on the Global ODM FAIR communication website.
- Supported by our experts, you will implement a web user interface with the Sharepoint Framework (SPFx) and other selected solutions to establish a portal for training materials on the FAIR data topics.
- You will collaborate with international teams, fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment to draft and generate engaging communication materials, such as newsletters, trainings, or presentations.
- Together with members of the team, you will plan and organize remote and physical communication events to promote awareness and understanding of the program's objectives and progress.
- Students from a variety of fields of study: it is most important for us that you are interested in interdisciplinary communication
- Familiar in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Web development skills (JSS/CSS, SPFx, etc), a passion for scientific communication, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of the FAIR principles is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English. German is a plus
Ready to contact us?
Please contact our HR Direct Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-3330.
Discover our Biberach site: http://xplorebiberach.com